Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bento boxes

Bento boxed lunches are lovingly prepared by parents for their children. The food is cut into fun shapes and characters and are just the cutest things ever. I think this is a great way to get your kids to eat more and be excited about lunch. Here is a picture I found off the internet to show an example:
Now, I bought some groceries and items I needed from the hyakuyen store, but I couldn't help but buy a sandwich cutter to make my meals more exciting. ITS SO CUTE! If anyone wants one of these, get in touch. There are pie vent patterns, heart cut outs, pigs, and plain old crust removers. I'm sure I could find more if I looked in other stores. I can't wait to try this with PBJ, slice up some apples...The bear one is used to make curry bread, the hearts one is for apple bread. Usually you toast the bread.




In addition to today's excitement, yesterday I went shopping in Shibuya for the first time. I hadn't even planned to go, but the awesome staff of the K-step program offered to show me and my friends where the shops were. I went to a hobby store and I was blown away. They have little $2 build your own monsters, anime characters, and animals. They have paint that is the best of the best for half of the price in the U.S.A. I bought a can and I need to check how much I can bring in my checked luggage. I am also hunting for sable paint brushes, which are now banned from import in the U.S. Its really dumb, cause the animals are not endangered or anything and everywhere else is importing them no problem. These brushes are the best of the best and I only need one, a kolinsky script liner brush in the smallest size available for my model horse painting. There were also Pokemon kits with all the starter Pokemon that you could build yourself, incredible origami and more! The hobby stores, even the small floors of a giant department store beats AcMoore or Micheals by a long shot. Of course, the store my friend and I were drooling over the most was Animate+ Anime and manga for MILES. An exaggeration, but they had EVERYTHING. I was almost crying I was so happy. I wandered around a long time, just looking at everything and wishing I had money to spend on everything I wanted. I bought one book to practice my reading, but I will be sure to go back. They even had books and supplies to make your own manga. SIGH.

I started reading my manga. For those who like manga and anime, I highly recommend the series: Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan. Manga is written in kanji, but has hiragana on the side for easier reading. I still don't know a lot of words, so I had my computer next to me with google translate on. I was trying to figure out how to type the hiragana when I saw the option for drawing the characters in the translate box! YES! This is so much easier! Hopefully this will speed up my reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi my baby.....just want you to know that I have been following your blog.

    ReplyDelete