Friday, October 25, 2013

And the earth shook...

I was browsing the internet late at night when I saw my friend post a link about Earthquake safety. I clicked the link and saved it for later reading. Sometime late, my bed began to shake. I thought it was the laundry machines, as sometimes back at my house, the walls will shake a bit in the room by the laundry machine. Then it went on for a minute. I clutched my laptop to my chest as another minute passed. Was it an earthquake? What should I do? Stay here or run outside? I didn't hear anyone else moving about in the hallway, but that was probably because it was late. Then, as soon as it started, it was over. Maybe it wasn't an earthquake after all? Browsing the web again, I found the international student group on facebook and saw all the excited posts about the 4 earthquakes that had rattled Japan! For once I was awake during an earthquake! How scary! Yeah, my story was more dramatic than the actual event! Hahaha! I was so scared, but the tremors I felt only lasted about 4 minutes.
 I'm okay family! Thought I would share! I should be all caught up on posts this weekend! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I was sleeping at the time and wouldn't even know if they hadn't written about it ;A; I'm kinda disappointed ;A;

    ReplyDelete